HEAT STAKING MACHINES ARE BENEFICIAL WHEN JOINING TWO PARTS THAT CONSIST OF DIFFERENT MATERIAL WHICH CANNOT NORMALLY BE ULTRASONICALLY WELDED.
ADVANTAGES OF HEAT STAKING MACHINE
Thermal Presses heat the staking post/insert while applying pressure axially to permanently set the parts. Advantages of the thermal heat staking / inserting process include:
- Reliable permanent inserts
- No particulates or noise
- Multiple level inserting/heat staking
- Multiple size inserts
- Better cosmetic appearance when heat staking and swaging High tolerance to mold release, colorants and other additives Ease of operation and assembly
- Handles slippery thermoplastics
- Easier maintenance in a low-tech environment
- Cost effective
- Short Cycle Times
- Tight Assemblies
- Excellent repeatability and process control Elimination of mechanical fasteners and adhesives
FEATURES HEAT STAKING MACHINE
- Although each machine is custom built for its specific application, the following information details typical machine features.
- Rugged, tubular steel frame construction using the highest quality components Safety guarding
- Can design the machine and fixture according to Customer’s requirements High-efficiency welding, low breakdown
- Lift body electrically and change moulds conveniently and efficiently
- HMI /MMI process controls provide easy set up and repeatability of control.
- Quick disconnect heater elements
- Closed loop systems for process monitoring (optional) Light Screens for protection (optional)
- Touch Screens (optional)
- Digital timer for weld time and post-cool
- Auto & Manual Setup mode head down for probe alignment with component
- Prewired and preprogrammed for optional slide kits, post cool, and fixture clamping. LVDT for slide conformation (optional)
APPLICATIONS OF HEAT STAKING MACHINE
- Automotive industry for door panels, map pockets, light-pipe staking, consoles, arm rests and switch clusters.
- Medical applications include blood-processing equipment, chemical pumps, fittings, flow meters, IV drug delivery and surgical instruments.
- Consumer Product applications include personal computers, portable telephones, laser printers, copy machines, video games, speakers and appliance components.
- Industrial applications include conveyor systems, gears, pulleys, couplings, and motor housings. Thermal presses are also used in Toy Manufacturing and the Sporting Goods industry.